Escaldes-Engordany is the seventh Parish of the Principality of Andorra, it was established in 1978. Situated in the middle of the country, it is bounded in the north by La Massana and Encamp, in the east and south by Spain and southwest by Andorra la Vella. Escaldes-Engordany is formed by the ancient village of Engordany situated in the Solana (sunny-side), and the little village of les Caldes situated in the Obaga (shade-side) where the hot water springs from.
These were united, together with the village of Fené, situated in the obac (shade). which does not exist nowadays, by a document of concordance in 1726; forming one of the Quarts of the capital Andorra la Vella. On the 14th of June 1978 de Parish of Escaldes-Engordany was created. This Parish offers the visitor and tourist the attractiveness of shopping in modern boutiques and high standing shopping centres, and also of its nature with beautiful landscapes surrounding the village up to the heights with lakes and nature reserves.